10 Tips For Holiday Carpet Cleaning
Share this article
Keep Your Floors Clean With These Holiday Carpet Cleaning Tips
Perfection Carpet Cleaners ~ Serving Boxford, Danvers, Middleton & Peabody, MA Since 2009
Is holiday carpet cleaning important to you? You have your carpets and upholstery perfectly spic and span. And your tile flooring is gleaming. You love that your home is sparkling and ready for guests.
However, you’d love it if your floors could stay spotless for the holidays and beyond—not only for your guests but for you to enjoy too.
While no home stays clean forever, you can still employ some steps to protect your carpet and tile flooring with these holiday carpet cleaning tips.
Do you know how to keep your Boxford or Danvers, MA floors clean over the holidays?
Here are 10 easy ways to keep your floors tidy this holiday season:
- Doormats: Make sure there are doormats outside every door entering your home. Your visitors will naturally wipe off their shoes before coming into your home.
- Area rugs and hallway runners: If you have wood or laminate flooring, protect them with area rugs and hallway runners. They’ll protect your floors from spills, dirt and scuffs.
- Guests remove their shoes at the door: In some cultures, visitors automatically remove their shoes before entering the host’s home. If you feel comfortable, you can incorporate that tradition in your home too. Put up a festive sign reminding guests to remove their shoes by the entryway.
- Boot trays: One way to make it more welcoming for your guests is to provide a boot tray or two for people to put their wet boots and shoes on. Some suggest providing slippers or slipper socks for guests to put on while their shoes dry on the boot tray.
- Tables, trays and stands: Since your visitors will be walking around holding plates and cups, make it easier for them to avoid spilling by providing extra tables, trays or stands to put down their drinks and plates.
- Touch up vacuuming and sweeping: Before and after the party, make sure you vacuum your carpets and sweep your bare floors. You’ll feel more in control by keeping up on spot-cleaning.
- Mop up spills right away: If someone splashes wine or soda on your carpet or worse yet, drops their plate of food, make sure you clean it up right away. You don’t want stains and soiling to set in your carpet.
- Get the whole family involved: Who says it’s just Mom who cleans up after everyone? Before company comes, have your entire family work together to vacuum and sweep floors. It’s a valuable life lesson for kids to learn how to clean up after themselves. Plus, these jobs get done faster when it’s all hands on deck.
- Don’t forget to clean off Fido’s and Kitty’s paws: Your pets can bring in dirt from the outside too. Make sure you clean off your pets’ paws before they come back in the house. Not only will it keep your home cleaner, but it’ll prevent their paws from getting irritated from rock salt too.
- Schedule your next carpet and tile floor cleaning right after the holidays: After the guests have left and gone home, and holiday parties are done for another year, call your Boxford and Danvers, MA carpet cleaner for a holiday carpet cleaning and tile floor cleaning. You’ll be amazed at how sparkling clean your carpets, tile floors and upholstery will look after it.
The holidays are a festive time of year. However, people, kids and pets all bring in dirt from the outside. You can stay on top of it all by employing these 10 holiday carpet cleaning steps.
After we at Perfection Carpet Cleaners finish your post-holiday carpet and floor cleaning, don’t forget to take a moment to enjoy your freshly clean home.
If you want your carpets and tile floors cleaned before and after the holidays, call us today at 978-531-8002 or fill out our contact form.
HomeFlooringPros.com, “12 Top Tips for Floor Protection during the Holiday Season.”